Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Official!

I am moving...to Wisconsin. I know right! Texas to the core sun baby headed north- rumor has it that up there, I have an accent.  At least no one I have met on my previous trips has assumed I am from there. I say "Hi, how are y'all today?" And the reply is never "fine" or "fair to middlin'". It is ALWAYS "where are you from?" I tried lying once and said "South Chicago".  Everyone laughed so hard, and I am just guessing, they didn't believe me.

So, anyhow, I haven't been around much at all. My momma taught us that if you don't have anything good to say- Shut up! It's been a pretty tough year. Don't get me wrong- we have our blessings.  We have another grandchild we are raising.  Sexy Beast got a great new job.  But that meant that a) we added one more mouth to feed which led to b) we needed to live apart for the better part of the year. You don't raise happy kids bouncing from town to town and hotel to hotel. So we packed it up and moved to my brothers. It has not been easy but I gotta tell you, I think my brother and his family ROCK! They never even took a minute- just welcomed us with open arms.  My husband went to do his thing knowing we would be taken care of.  His job is finally settling down now and school is fixing to let out so we are going to join him.

Now, it's no secret that I didn't ever want to sell my Texas house.  It felt like home to me from the first time we walked thru the front door. I honestly expected to live there for the rest of my life. But life threw some screwballs curveballs and now I find myself in some uncharted waters. In all my life I have never moved somewhere that I didn't know anybody. So I have decided! and it's a good decision... that I am going to go to Wisconsin and find a wonderful new home, the most fabulous friends a girl can have, and I am going to decorate my new home within an inch of it's life so we can all hang out and sip margaritas on the porch!  And since I have decided it is all going to be fabulous I do hope you all will join us.

Okay, you may never hear me whine all over my blog again. a) refer to momma's lesson above and b) I prefer tequila over chardonnay any day!

Stay tuned 'cause this girl is fixin' to make some noise!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping y'all got the rather lame whine/wine reference towards the end or I am going to just feel silly!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'll try any thing once... upholstery, stained glass, paint, whatever. If I don't know how I will make something up or if that fails I take a class. I think if you stop creating, you get old, and I am just not going there!