Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Tile My Tiny Kitchen!

My little Trailer has more flipping issues than an episode of the Kardashians!  I am not into other peoples problems but I am totally into solving all the fun little tidbits left behind by years of neglect. 

First up we have replaced the roof vents and sealed the roof with a rubberized coating. Just a word of caution here; make sure your hair is secure. if this gets in your hair and dries IT DOES NOT COME OUT! so...

Okay, So it wasn't quite that bad. I did have to cut about two inches of the bottom of my braid. I have really been babying my  hair along to get some length so this was a major frustration for me. 

Now I have to decide what to tear out and what to prettify! Around the kitchen window was a little damage but not bad and certainly not bad enough to tear out. I started out painting it but that was not making me happy. I don't want just okay I want fabulous! I want subway tile, and while the weight doesn't concern me overly much in this tiny area, the movement does. What to do, what to do?


Do it anyways!!!  I worked this over in my head and decided that the movement wouldn't be an issue if I made my own subway tile! Tile that would weigh nothing and be flexible. Can you guess what it is? (humming the theme song to Jeopardy!)


If you guessed Sticky backed foam sheets, you are GOOD! I measured them out, cut them with an Exacto knife, and slapped them on there. They looked like sticky backed foam stuck to the wall. But then I painted and caulked them and I am thrilled! 


I am already on to the next project and hope to show that off tomorrow!  Thanks for joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'll try any thing once... upholstery, stained glass, paint, whatever. If I don't know how I will make something up or if that fails I take a class. I think if you stop creating, you get old, and I am just not going there!